Friday, December 12, 2014

This Week's Bright Spots

This week included many bright spots, but here are my top five.

1. This beautiful bit of greenery.


Because when snow's been on the ground for a month straight you start to miss that vibrant green of fresh leaves. We fix this by buying big bunches of parsley, which we use a lot in our cooking anyway. It's a cheap and practical way to bring a beautiful pop of green into the house!




2. This miniature Christmas tree.


Because things in miniature are almost always cuter, and it was only $3.00.

3. This scene from How to Train Your Dragon.



Because Levi saw it for the first time last week, and he's spent the last two evenings asking if we can relax with some dragons for the night. Precious.

4. This stack waiting for me on my kitchen table.


Because it means that I have almost finished one of my biggest yearly projects: designing, creating, printing, and sending out our Year in Review infographic to friends and family. I'm pretty excited about how it turned out this year! 

And finally . . .

5. This "brick" wall.


Because I can't even describe to y'all how much better it looks already! I just have to finish the trim around the room where I made a few "Ooops" splatters, and then it'll be done! Can't wait to show it to y'all!

--

That's the week so far!

In less important new, I turn 30 tomorrow. Hooray!

Keep it real,
MB


No comments:

Post a Comment