So when it was time to practice taking pictures of food by making something, rather than make our normal food I instead chose to make the most decadently amazing deliciousness ever.
If you find yourself wondering if there's a way to make these healthier, well, you're in the wrong place. Everything about these is bad, bad, bad. They're so good, good, good!
There are fewer combinations more appealing than a s'more, but I'm thinking that a peanut butter s'more is a serious contender.
These blondies are easy to make and easy to eat.
What's not easy is giving them time to cool down before you scoop them out of the pan and shove them into your mouth.
I present you with evidence:
Straight out of the pan in all its chocolatey, marshmallowy goodness. I paused just long enough for a picture before it went straight into my mouth. Did I wait long enough to let the rest set up and take a better picture for y'all?
Nope. That's the best you get.
As you make these you might have a lurking feeling of panic. Especially after you've melted a stick of butter, two cups of brown sugar, and a half cup of peanut butter on the stove. But once it hits those dry ingredients there's no turning back.
You are now fully committed.
When you start layering the dough on top of all that s'more goodness, you'll feel like you're wrapping up a delicious present.
A delicious diabetes present.
One a more serious note, diabetes is no laughing matter.
Please make and eat responsibly.
I recommend a glass of milk with these babies.
Here's the recipe:
Peanut Butter S'mores Blondies
Adapted from Life is Made of Love
Prep Time: 30 mins
Bake Time: 35 mins
Total Time: 65 mins
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
2 cups brown sugar
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 XL-sized Hershey's milk chocolate bars
1 1/2 cups (7.5 oz. jar) marshmallow creme
4-5 whole graham crackers
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8 in. x 8 in. pan and set aside.
2. In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter and brown sugar, stirring constantly until smooth. Remove from the heat and stir in the peanut butter. Allow to cool slightly.
3. Meanwhile, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
4. Add the eggs, one at a time, to the peanut butter mixture. Incorporate completely. Add the vanilla extract once eggs are mixed.
5. Pour peanut butter mixture into flour mixture and stir to create a thick ball of dough.
6. Divide the dough in half and press half into the bottom of the prepared pan by scooping out small balls and flattening the dough into "sheets."
7. Layer the s'mores ingredients: first a layer of graham crackers, then the chocolate bars, then the marshmallow creme. The creme will be difficult to work with, but spread as evenly as you can. Don't spread the creme all the way to the edges of the pan.
8. Scoop out balls from the remaining dough, flatten, and layer the flattened sheets on top of the marshmallow creme. Tuck the dough down the sides of the s'mores materials as well.
9. Bake for 35 minutes until the top is golden and edges are just starting to brown. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes before cutting.
*These can easily be made with any chocolate bar of your choice.
*Any brownie mix can be spread around the s'mores filling. Simply adjust your oven temperature and cooking times accordingly.
*If you don't mind a mess and a slightly burned mouth, it's totally not necessary to let the pan cool. Just dig in to these bad boys!
Hope you enjoy these as much as I did!
Keep it real,