Monday, April 20, 2015

Week by Week: Week 11


Our Baby:
  • Has see-through skin, woah. 
  • Is about 1.5 inches long--the length of a lime. Woo hoo! We're finally into fruit large enough for a single picture instead of a pile. He/she will grow almost another full inch this week!
  • Still has a 1:1 head to body ratio. 
I (traditionally):
  • Might have noticed changes in my hair, nails, and skin due to pregnancy. 
  • Am coming out of the worst of the morning sickness stage, which will decrease more and more over the next few weeks. 
  • Should have gained a pound or two by now. 
  • Have an increase in vaginal discharge (ew).
  • Might have a dark line running from my belly button straight down my belly. It's called the linea nigra, and is quite common during pregnancy. 
  • Am still fatigued. 
  • Am still moody and overly emotional. 
I (actually):
  • Definitely have noticed changes in my hair, nails, and skin. I have dandruff for the first time in my life. I thought my hair was supposed to be thicker and shinier, but instead I was gifted with a light dusting white flakes most days. Joy! My nails are so tough now! This is the worst confession ever, but I do use my teeth to cut my nails down from time to time. I can't do that anymore. Thanks, hard nails, for finally ridding me of that bad habit! And lastly, my skin is crazy dry and itchy now. So itchy! When I go shopping this morning I'm going to join the rest of the pregnant women out there by buying a huge bottle of deluxe lotion. 
  • Want to punch anything that tells me the morning sickness should be decreasing by now. Mine has been on a steady uphill climb, and it's shown no sign of backing off. Also, mine is evening/night sickness. Also, I ate bacon one day last week, and it was all right. The next day, as I remembered that bacon, I thought about the way it smelled and almost puked. I never know what's going to set me off from day to day. 
  • Have gained no pounds yet, probably because more than a few spoonfuls of any food makes my tummy boil. I hate to be a stereotype, but the only food that seems to cause no distress is a saltine cracker. I do eat quite a few each day, and I'm glad now that I bought the box without salted tops. 
  • Am not going to tell the internet about my vaginal discharge and its quantity. 
  • Have linea nigra! I looked down this morning and checked for it and there it is! It's not so noticeable that my eyes are drawn to it, but if I focus on the area I can definitely see it beginning. 
  • Am most definitely still fatigued and emotional. 

Researched whether or not shapewear is bad for pregnant women. It's not. With that knowledge, I bought some "shorts" that go from my upper waist to upper thighs. This now prevents all underwear lines under my maxi skirts and dresses. I want to live in those skirts and dresses this summer! Also, I found out that they make shapewear specifically for pregnant women. What?! At least I have another few months before I have to decide whether or not I want to purchase this strange product for the sake of no underwear lines . . .

The idea of a babymoon has taken me over completely. Most recently, I've been captivated by the Maldives. A hut on stilts in the crystal blue ocean. All the fresh fruit you could want every day. Gourmet food with ocean views. Stretching out on the beach and soaking up the sun. Sigh. I'm not sure how practical it is to take a tropical beach vacation while pregnant, but it sure doesn't stop me from dreaming about it. Also, I don't think we can afford to drop our entire savings account on a vacation.

Freak-Out Moments:

No real freak-out moments per se, but I did realize that this week I will officially move into unknown territory. I'll be pregnant longer than I've been pregnant before, and everything will be completely new. I'm excited for this, and I'm also thoughtful as I remember our first pregnancy and how it drew to a close.

-

Keep it real, y'all.


No comments:

Post a Comment