Monday, April 6, 2015

Week by Week: Week 9




Our Baby:
  • Is officially considered a fetus. Movin' up in the world, folks. 
  • Is now the size of a green olive, which I'm fine with even though I dislike olives. A lot. 
  • Has external genitalia, but the sex won't be visible for a number of weeks.
  • Has lost his/her embryonic tail. Phew!
  • Is big enough now that we can start talking about weight. He/she weighs a fraction of an ounce. Dang, what a tubbo. 
I (traditionally):
  • Am hella moody. 
  • Continue in the grips of morning (all day) sickness. 
  • Continue to feel fatigue. 
  • Continue to urinate far too frequently. 
  • Continue to feel constipated. 
  • Continue to look more bloated than pregnant. 
  • Basically, lots of the same stuff just continuing on and on . . .
  • Might be feeling unusually hot or cold with all the extra blood now in my body (about 50% more blood volume).
I (actually): 
  • Am, indeed, hella moody. 
  • Still have a pit in my stomach, but it came and went more often this week. Happily, it chose to show up in the worst way on Easter morning. Sigh. 
  • Was so much more tired this week. I slept in until about 1:00 p.m. on Saturday. Yep. You read that correctly. And then I took a three hour nap on Sunday. And still slept just fine (mostly) both nights. 
  • Miss pooping. Like, I miss it a lot. I think that's pretty self-explanatory. 
  • Still haven't gained weight, but I just feel and look softer to my eyes. 


This week, the moods finally went berserk. This was about the same time I had my first, weird hormonal breakdown during my first pregnancy. This time my hormones surged from Saturday night into Sunday afternoon. Saturday night, just after my sweet husband fell asleep, I was hit with a wave of fury directed completely at him. I had some valid thoughts I needed to relay to him, but the strength of my rage about those thoughts was completely out of proportion. Luckily, I waited until the next morning to talk to him, so I had coherent words and a non-violent delivery. Then, a wave of sadness hit me just before our church service that morning - - and of course it would be Easter Sunday. At about the same time, a wave a nausea hit me as well. It might have been the all-church breakfast that did it. Egg bakes are not my friend while pregnant, it seems. So I made it all the way through the sermon before ducking out early to go sit in the car, try not to puke, and bawl my eyes out. Nothing makes the hormone surges worse than trying to hold them in. At least this way I got to let it all out without anyone else to see me looking insane. An hour later, it was done. Oh, hormones.

The only good food in the entire world right now is fruit. Specifically tangy, citrusy things. While at the grocery store today I saw a pineapple and a carton of strawberries and gleefully decided that I was going to chop them both up and mix them together into a glorious tub of deliciousness from which I can dip sustenance daily.

Freak-Out Moments:

The lack of pooping started to get to me on Saturday night. I hadn't pooped since Wednesday, so I feel that it was valid. I broke down and bought myself some (crazy expensive) Activia yogurt to try to keep my bowels moving, Since eating it every day since Thursday, I think it's finally started to kick in. Here's hoping, because I've never been so excited when it's time to poop and it actually happens.

-

Thank you for indulging all the poop-talk. Just keepin' it real, y'all. Like always.

No comments:

Post a Comment