Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Baby Prep: Nursery Mood Board


My first thought for a color scheme was all whites and creams and greys. A few pops of color would come out here and there, but that would be about it.

And then I found a beautiful glider on Craigslist. It was in perfect condition, and the fabric was just pretty enough that I didn't want to recover it. The only problem? That fabric was a light purple color with darker purple flower blossoms splashed over it in a few places---like a watercolor painting. Very cool, but very not cream or grey.

So then I made a choice. I decided to scrap my idea for a completely neutral and blank nursery and go with the color that I'd just purchased. And then I looked up pictures of lavender fields on Pinterest. And then the rest is history. With purples and lavenders, navy blues and muted greens, and a generous helping of those neutral creams and natural woods, I present my nursery mood board.



Items:

1. Inspiration photo from Pinterest.
2. Hope 20" Pillow from Crate and Barrel
3. Dara Blue 16" Pillow from Crate and Barrel
4. Round Date Leaf Basket from The Container Store
5. Wood Bird Rattle from Manzanita Kids
6. Sniglar Crib from IKEA
7. Tarva 3-Drawer Chest from IKEA
8. Safavieh Pixie Accent Rug from Target
9. DIY Modern Woodland Mobile from CeciBean


No comments:

Post a Comment